Re: cancelations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by capt-ray on March 13, 2001 at 19:17:44:

In Reply to: Re: cancelations posted by Ken Kurtis on March 12, 2001 at 23:01:51:

Hey Ken,

It doesn't look like Tim is going to respond.

I spent many years riding and crewing on boats that had a "No Cancellation" policy long before I had a license. On many of those trips it was difficult to get around the passengers that were busy returning last nights victuals to the sea. Therefore I have established a couple of rules for the boats that I run.

1. If anything I see at sea is apt to threaten the safety of the passengers or crew, I'm not going. The last thing I need is an unnecessary accident or death on my conscious.

2. If it is unusually rough once I get out of the harbor (six to eight foot of short swell or chop on the way out), I do not expect that anyone is going to have a good time when they spend the majority of the day recovering from the ride. It take about 40 minutes for someone that is susceptible to sea sickness to get sick. That leaves another hour to an hour and a half to have to tolerate the ride just to get to Catalina. Not a good impression for new divers.

Our goal is to see to it that everyone has a safe and pleasant outing. To fail to recognize that the current ocean conditions will prevent that is to fail to see to the needs of the diving community.

Ray

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]