deep for me but prolly not deep for you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on March 19, 2001 at 11:41:28:

In Reply to: Re: yes, you are right, i had lots of air left posted by MHK on March 19, 2001 at 10:10:19:

Mike,

what ended up being a "deep" air dive for me with 2 deco stops probably would not have seemed very "deep" for you, since you are a whole lot more experienced at this kind of diving than I am.

we have a chamber close by here, in the Monterey area. its in the town of Pacific Grove at the fire station over by the local hospital. that was my fall-back contingency, if something had gone wrong with my gear, not allowing me to make the decomp stops. i did think of that, in passing. i also made sure that my deco loading was very minimal, only a few minutes at one or two stops.

i do trust my gear. it is state of the art, fairly new and up to date, and highly maintained. i have the best equipment-man that there is, working on it. he was with the U.S. Navy SEAL Team #1 at Coronado Island before he retired from the Navy and came back home to work after retirment here. we are pretty lucky to have him available to us. he and i often trade sea stories about our time with "the Navy."

i respect the D.I.R. backup protocols that I have read about and that you have discussed. and Im glad you give us all food for thought. I am definitely a more cautious and aware diver, now that I have met you, and have listened to your philosophy. thanks again.

/s/ RaiderKarl the Relatively Safe Stroke
as Strokes Go Anyway

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]