Re: To DIR: an apology

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 19, 2001 at 16:05:22:

In Reply to: To DIR: an apology posted by AADIVER on March 19, 2001 at 14:00:12:

Frank,

I appreciate the mea culpa as I'm sure it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do. Thank you.

However, I would add that despite the *label* that we often get tagged with we do appreciate an alternative point of view. It is my considered opinion that many on this list take an opposing view simply for the sake of taking an opposing viewpoint. Several that reside in my killfile are examples. Furthermore, I would add that although there are some radical lunatics out there that engage in dangerous diving practices ( yet couch there advice in * Don't do as I do) but want everyone to lend credibility to thier positions because they have benn doing it this way for years, we are always willing to discuss the how's and why's of what we do and compare the two.

I keep asking, if it is such a good practice why are they going out of their way to tell other's not to follow it??????

I've yet to recieve an answer, but by the same token we give reason after reason why our way of diving is safer and more efficient. We put on demo after demo, we go on boats every weekend and are willing to share the experience.

So we will simply continue to provide information and allow everyone to decide for themselvse..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]