thanks TLEEMAY for the clarification

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on March 20, 2001 at 08:47:37:

In Reply to: Re: what on Earth are the Wah-wahs??? posted by tleemay on March 19, 2001 at 17:05:35:

I dont remember hearing anything other than my heart pounding like a drum in my chest, as if I was sprinting at the end of a footrace, which I was was not doing -- I was swimming really slow and relaxed close to the bottom.

I still cannot understand how divers cannot tell when they are becoming narked. I can tell almost the precise moment it begins. All you have to do is pay attention to your preceptions. At some point, everything switches over to an altered kind of state.

Its a lot like going into a bar and ordering up a tall margarita with a triple chaser of tequila on the side. That equals a total of 6 'drinks.' When you start drinking it, nothing happens, but eventually after a few sips and a few minutes, you certainly can begin to feel something. Narking, for me, is exactly the same thing, and it usually starts for me at 110 feet.

Thanks again for the input, Tleemay. No I didnt hear the wahwahs. My heart was pounding too loud to hear anything!

/s/ RaiderKarl

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]