Re: Image prep for the web

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on March 21, 2001 at 12:54:37:

In Reply to: Image prep for the web posted by seahunt on March 20, 2001 at 12:36:40:

Seahunt:

Good review and advice for newbies using Photoshop.

One step further, using a few more filters (I get clean sharp images using this sequence):

After scanning, use Blur>Gaussian Blur set at a Radius less than 1 pixel (typically 0.7 is sufficient). This is counterintuitive, but bear with me.

Then, use Sharpen.

Then, use Unsharp Mask, set at 100% to 200%, Radius of 1 to 2 pixels, and Threshold set to "0". Use preview to adjust % and Radius to get a pleasing image. Be carful with the % and Radius slider controls because overuse will "pixelate" the image.

If you have a bunch of pictures that need approximately the same processing, then record the above sequence as an "action" (PhotoShop 5 and higher), save the action, then do a batch processing on a folder that contains the images you are working with.

If you want to know how your image will look on the web, start up your browser, and use File>Open>Page.... (or Open>Local, depending on browser) to navigate to the file, and you can view the image.

I hope some of the photographers out there will share more of their work with us!

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]