Re: Force Fins? Why not for DIR?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on March 21, 2001 at 16:54:33:

In Reply to: Re: Force Fins? Why not for DIR? posted by MHK on March 21, 2001 at 16:05:35:

I bought my first pair of FF's over twelve years ago for a liveaboard trip to the BVI. I bought 'em for only two reasons: light weight and compact for warm water bubble butt diving. When I first hit the water with them the sensation was of having no fins at all. Gradually, diving with others with "conventional" fins, I realized I was getting just as much forward thrust and speed with a different kick but less effort. After all, the human body has a maximum hull speed regardless the fin. I stayed with FF's for other reasons: ability to walk to the exit and reboard up the ladder without taking them off, they're literally indestructable (still diving with my original pair when I'm tropics bound), and inside wrecks they're a hell of a lot more efficient than long conventionals. As Bob Evans says: "MAY THE FORCE FIN BE WITH YOU!!"
But then I still dive occassionally with my original pair of Jetfins, bought used in 1966!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]