split fins work for me...................sort of....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on March 21, 2001 at 22:44:50:

In Reply to: Re: Force Fins? Why not for DIR? posted by MHK on March 21, 2001 at 16:05:35:

i find they're great when endurance is needed, such as kicking hard for 43 minutes straight on a bug hunt, or cruising for an hour and a half on an aluminun 80 around a coral reef, but they do feel flabby when i try to brace myself against an object, some, but not all alternative kicks do suck with the things, and of course i haven't had difficulty with fighting currents or long surface swims with them, but sometimes, i just feel like sprinting at 3 1/2 knots, and the things just don't let me do that.....kinda like having a car with only 4 gears...time to get some of those nice Cressi or Sporasub freediving fins (and freedive /w/'em!

Oh, and my right knee is missing the anterior crucaiate ligament, collateral lig, and the meniscus, so my knees are also permanently f**ked up! My old US Divers Compros used to beat the crap out of my knee.

DIR is nice in terms of its philosophy and ergonomics, but people are not all constructed in the same way, and as we progress through life, some of us fare better than others.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]