true story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mdfixitman on March 22, 2001 at 09:30:25:

Ok, I have to tell this story, and I am sure we all have several stories of people doing "stupid diver tricks". It's funny now because no one got hurt.

Last year on a certain boat at a certain wreck dive, my wife and I were getting our gear on when suddenly the dive master went in with shirt hat and all, and the gates slammed closed. A minute later he was at the dive platform cursing and hacking while dragging this girl back on board. First she was wearing a 3 mil suit and 3/4 hood (may I mention that the water temp was COLD) but had too much weight for even a 7mil suit, and she was using a steel tank but she was over weighted for even an aluminum, and if that wasn't enough to ensure her plummet strait to the bottom she didn't even have her BC filler hose hooked up. I guess the funny part was when she went for her second dive (yes, a second dive) the dive master stood right next to her on the boat and stripped down to his swim trunks, ready to go in. They sure don't pay dive masters enough.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]