Re: Ditchable Weight and Alternative Question.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 23, 2001 at 09:47:17:

In Reply to: Ditchable Weight and Alternative Question. posted by Steve on March 23, 2001 at 07:36:18:

I believe D.A.N. is a worthwhile and good intended organization, and are very usefull when it comes to accident management and insurance.

However, their track record about knowledge in areas from Nitrox up through trimix has been less than stellar, and as such should be viewed skeptically.

I took issue with a Dr. Bennett editorial last year when he produced a study that indicated that a diver diving Nitrox was 2 times more likely to get bent than a diver diving on air. I wrote Dr. Bennett a note and we also had alot of play with that editorial on rec.scuba and the tech list. The result was Dr. Bennett withdrew his editorial and admitted that it was based on *a crude analysis*..

I was very disappointed at Dr. Bennett because it was clear to me that he had a desired objective and used his position and credibility to advance a bizarre theory...

Since then I have lost much respect for them and will no longer accept what they say at face value and will desire support for their positions...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]