Re: Journey into Amazing Caves @ Imax

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 23, 2001 at 12:29:39:

In Reply to: Re: Journey into Amazing Caves @ Imax posted by CalDiver on March 23, 2001 at 12:01:07:

I think a little context needs to be established. Generally speaking, neither I nor George, *eates People up* for ego gratification.

In the instance case, and I followed the thread John is talking about, you have George who is a world record holder in cave exploration, who is arguably one of the best cave diver's in the world and on the other hand you have a diver that just got certified for this specific project and had little, if any, cave experience.

Accordingly, she had no business telling George in a public forum how to do anything...

I appreciate that you may not have followed the thread, but she was argumentative, arrogant and by no means a sympathetic scientist. She came off as a Ms. Know-it-All and had just gotten certified...

As always there are two sides to the coin and it's all too easy to simply paint her as a sympathetic scientist against big, mean George, but it goes both ways..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]