Re: Tailoring dive boats to people's needs.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cynde on March 25, 2001 at 11:23:41:

In Reply to: Tailoring dive boats to people's needs. posted by Kevin on March 23, 2001 at 09:27:05:

I am new to this board...so here goes! I work 50+ hours a week, and when I go for a day of local diving (usually to Catalina) I love a little luxury and am willing to pay for it.

Not having to fight my way to the platform or exit point in full gear, having some good food, a place to relax in the sun between dives, a nice bunk to sleep on the way to the site...is well worth a little more to me. Diving is a great stress release for me and the cattle call boats are not relaxing, expecially if it is a boat full of students.

The only boat I have found that had these (with he exception of the bunks) was the "Pacific Nightmare." I have to say that they had the room, the sun, nice boat, fast, great crew and DM. The food wasn't so great but that's ok...they had enough of the other things that made it worth it. My next two trips with them were cancelled the night before becuase of "they didn't have a full boat." Well, I had planned my weekend around this and frankly it really got me miffed. No apologies, no credit, no nothing. I think if they had better management they may have actually made a go of it!

In my younger years I certainly went on "road trips" that were bare boned and fun as well...well being a little older...nicer is a little more comfortable...just a working woman's point of view....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]