For Sale: Catalina Mid-week vacation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on March 27, 2001 at 12:24:31:

I have a Catalina Express/Hotel package that I won at the Avalon Clean Up and I will not be able to use it. So I thought I'd try to sell it.

Chris: If you don't think this is the appropriate place for this post, go ahead and delete it.

But in the meantime, here are the details (and you will see why I can't use it since I work Mon-Fri):

Roundtrip on Catalina Express for two, good Monday - Thursday ONLY, "space available only", passengers to pay tax. Good until 2/28/2002.
Overnight stay in Avalon at Best Western Catalina Canyon Resort and Spa, good Sunday - Thursday ONLY, subject to availablity, not good on holidays or special events. Good until April 30 2001.

The Hotel has a web page that advertises this same package for $198 ($99 per person based on double occupancy).

As I said, this is not a great deal if you work a normal work week. But if you have a lot of vacation time stored up and are looking to get away for a mid-week trip, this would be a good deal. In fact, I was pretty excited about it until I read the fine print. After finding out all the conditions and the early expiration date on the hotel, I really started to re-think about how much money I spend on raffle tickets just to win a prize like this. At this point, I just want to have the satisfaction of knowing the prize got used and the folks that offered it had to ante up the actual value, rather than just letting it expire.

So go ahead and make an offer for the package (trip and hotel), If its decent I'll sell it to you. I may even consider offers on the hotel alone. If I don't get a decent offer, I'll keep the express tickets for myself and give the hotel stay to friends of mine that I owe favors to. I'll make my decision on Saturday, 3/31, so if you are interested, post back.

Thanks!

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]