Re: Tailoring dive boats to people's needs.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on March 27, 2001 at 15:25:07:

In Reply to: Re: Tailoring dive boats to people's needs. posted by tleemay on March 23, 2001 at 11:37:52:

Tleemay:

Actually, if you are a member of the Dive N'Surf Dive Team, the frontside trips on the Westerly are only $45.

No real galley, often crowded, occaisionally a wait for an air fill, but Hot Combos (microwaved sandwiches that are Captain Jim's specialty) for $3 and that brings the cost in under $50.

Keep in mind that someone who is on a budget (or someone that wants to dive with friends in the club) would probably be more inclined to go out on this boat. And also, newbie divers who did their boat dives on the cheapest boat the shop could find might not understand the difference in price until they go on a bigger better equipted boat. Until then, they'll be asking why the other boats are so much more $ for the same destination.

I do like the Westerly and Captain Jim always gets us to good diving, but I have noticed that many divers do a few trips then want to go on the other, more luxurious boats, especially in the fall and winter when it gets colder.

But give me a nice summer day with good weather, and I'll happily do a trip on the Westerly.

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]