Re: A word on computers.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steve on April 04, 2001 at 21:29:29:

In Reply to: Re: A word on computers. posted by MHK on April 04, 2001 at 13:10:13:

"why not try to guesstimate the stuff in your head and begin learning how to compute on the fly???"

Because I don't want to make an unscheduled trip to the Catalina Chamber that why. I understand that a serious bubble is quite painful and have been told a story that someone witnessed a victim begging for relief from the pain. Also bubbles in the spine can and have caused paralysis.

While you are guesstimating and computing on the fly then covering up any miscalculations by offgassing on pure oxygen. I don't have that luxury in my diving and choose to use the latest technolgies of dive computer algorithms that track up to eleven tissues models simultaniously including oxygen exposure levels when using mix.

These I use as a safety tool just in case my calculation are wrong. I don't completely trust it but use it for a second method of checking.

I hope you continue to make the correct on the fly calculations and don't have a problem.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]