April 14th - Wreck Diving

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on April 09, 2001 at 09:01:08:

For those of you that dove the Moody, Ace One and Olympic wrecks a few weeks ago, and for those of you that wanted to but didn't, we are wreck diving again, this coming Saturday April 14th. Everyone is invited and all it will cost you is a an airfill.

Since we did very deep wrecks last time, I picked a rather shallow wreck for this adventure, Its so shallow that you can actually explore her without even getting wet.

I will be leading a field hike to the wrecksite of La Jenelle in Ventura County, CA. She is part of the Silver Strand breakwater and can be easily explored at low tide without ever getting wet. Bring non-divers, bring the kids, bring your dog, but come.

This is one of the many wrecks locally than can be dove from the shore. For those of you that love beach diving, I will be diving the wreck, and the surrounding area. Its a great divesite loaded with fish, urchins and Pismo Clams.

We will be meeting at 10 AM on the wreck itself. Please e-mail me if you need additional directions and information.

Yes, there is treasure to be found. I am currently cleaning up a very large ship's lamp ( glass cracked but intact ) that came from La Jenelle just last week. It will make an outsanding piece from this ship. For more info on her please check out:

http://www.cawreckdivers.org/Wrecks/La%20Janell.htm

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]