I can't believe what i'm reading!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 11, 2001 at 14:15:02:

In Reply to: It's Time To Be Responsible posted by Jim Hoffmann on April 11, 2001 at 08:53:41:

You gentlemen are the hope for the future! As someone who loves the sea like few men, words can hardly express my deep appreciation for your bold declaration of unselfishness! Our waters are worthy of our protection!

Jim Hoffman and Ken Kurtis, you gentlemen have vision that is sorely lacking in the recreational sector. I commend you from the bottom of my heart for your stance on hunting/equipment. (not a protest, but a passive discission to no longer promote it). That is the direction we need to move if we are to save what's left. You stepped forward and made the committment, i deeply respect you gentlemen for that.

The proposed no-take zones around the channel islands are being vocally opposed by the rec anglers. They are numerous and LOUD. If they get their way, they will continue the depletion untill it is beyond the point of no return.

You can read their words here:

http://www.sport-fish-info.com/dcforum/dcpages/Main/5070.html#

I am a former sport angler, now i do underwater photography exclusively, and i have never enjoyed my time on the water more.

Randy54, non-consumptive/destructive interaction is the way of the future! As an underwater photographer, you are there!

You gentlemen are inspirational!!!!!!

Protect that which you value!

Brad

(loves the sea)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]