not only am i posting late at night, but i'm pissed at having to pay tax

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on April 13, 2001 at 00:22:33:

In Reply to: Re: Immortal Diver? posted by John Walker on April 12, 2001 at 22:51:33:

There are a lot of disciplines that are slow to change, so diving is not unique in this regard. Biology, building design and construction methods, medical practice, educational practice, and firearms technology are a few that come to mind.

Of course, it doesn't matter which discipline it is that is changing (or needs to change), there are always the farm animal-stupid (man i love that term!),the intellectually lazy (and often ideologically/politically biased) people who refuse to see a good thing, whether it's in evolutionary biology, the treatment of ulcers, use of steel studs and ground-fault interruptors, or phonics in the classroom, synthetic stocks or EAN.

P.S. I'm so happy, some of my tax money from that BIIIIG check i'm about to write is going to fund the DFG, who will sign away more of my favorite fish, lobsters, national forests and public lands to the commercial interests at below market prices! whoopee! happy happy joy joy! don't you love corporate welfare?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]