I made that change!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 16, 2001 at 12:28:45:

In Reply to: Well I Think We All Agree posted by Jim Hoffmann on April 16, 2001 at 08:54:35:

After 15 years of sportfishing (always stepping lightly), I gave it up. I threw away most of my tackle so it couldn't be used to kill any more fish.

It wasn't untill i got on the internet a few years ago that i began to realize the degree of callous objectification that my fellow anglers were commiting toward the fish. They couldn't care less about the differences between a cowcod or a yellowtail. They were both looked at simply as food.

Every time the fish show up somewhere, every rec angler and his 3rd cousin rush headlong out there and do their damnest to anhiliate every one of them! I have been watching this spectical for too long before i realized that i can no longer be associated with it. I changed not because of what i was doing to the resource, but because of what i saw everyone doing to the resource.

I now do U/W photography and i have never been more challenged or rewarded in all of my time on the water. I have a beautiful and ever-growing gallery of pictures from the most interesting places in So Cal, in my living room.

I want to commend you Jim Hoffman, for your bold insight and your unselfish expression of concern for the future of OUR waters! The time for change is upon us, it is very gratifying to know that you and others are stepping forward and setting an example!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Brad

(loves the sea)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]