Re: Farnsworth gets blown out saturday.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 17, 2001 at 11:51:25:

In Reply to: Re: Farnsworth gets blown out saturday. posted by kelphead on April 16, 2001 at 18:51:08:

"i was told, however, by some other divers that the top of the pony may not have enough slack and it may be placed too high on my shoulder strap."

I made a stage strap using two large brass half gate snaps that works well for a 30 which is almost as long as an 80. Ths strap has a loop that goes over the valve before you put on the regulator the snap hangs from this loop and positions the stage lower and the rear snap hooks to the d-ring on your belt. This works well and is easy to get on and off. I will use this method of staging for deeper type dives and require doubles. The 13 is to small for this strap to work. I have been using this 13 on and off for 5 years and mounting it using the pony tamer onto my main tank. I'm going back to this method because it works well in the rear, doesn't cause drag and is out of the way underwater. There are newer easier pony brackets out on the market today that you may want to consider. You will probably want to remove two pounds of lead from the side of that you mount the pony, to keeps thing balanced.

"let you know how it went, if you would like."

Yes, keep me updated.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]