Re: Doubles with bridge?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on April 18, 2001 at 15:35:36:

In Reply to: Re: Doubles with bridge? posted by Steve on April 18, 2001 at 14:53:18:

with isolation manifold. I've read pros and cons for both isolation manifold and independent doubles. I think the manifold wins out (although I have no experience to actually *make* that assertion).

I'm hoping to able to practice running isolation and shutoff drills while I sit around and watch my wife take pictures. Some people argue that photog is a good reason to solo, but I don't buy it. A photog needs a buddy *more* than the average joe, because they're so focussed on a single task they lose situational awareness. Some people see it as a huge sacrifice to sit around and watch out for a photog buddy. I think that's being quite selfish. Besides, there really isn't anything boring about being underwater. I use the time to practice bouyancy, other skills, etc. All it takes is a little attitude adjustment :-)

So I figure when I finally do get my doubles set, I'll have plenty of time to practice with them while I'm watching her take pictures...

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]