Retort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scubabum on April 20, 2001 at 15:01:12:

In Reply to: Re: Wet Suit diving with a Steel Tank posted by MHK on April 20, 2001 at 11:41:29:

I'm trying to stay out of this fray but I have to take exception to some of the things on this thread. Many of us have been diving for years wet with steels and have adjusted accordingly.
1. Yor recomendation is that "use of an alternative lift device ( ie; drysuit) makes so much sense". Not everyone wants or needs an expensive dry suit for recreational diving unless participating in photograpy. As a rec hunter this provides no benefit for me.
2."recalculate every time you switch a tank or something?????" I have multiple tanks that are identical and therefor my configuration remains constant. The only time I need to adjust weigt is when I get a new suit. Most of us do not switch tanks much less between dives.
Accidents happen, most fatalities due to stupidity and/or arrogance not due to equipment failure and unlikely to boyancy failure while wearing a wetsuit.
I continue to read your posts even though I will most likely not adapt your system, and agree that IF. . . I was diving in OE environments or deep(>100feet)it makes sense. It does however make me think about my diving practices.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]