My Concerns about Chamber day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on April 23, 2001 at 17:43:59:

Ok now that I've got your attention, this isn't going to be about me beating up Ken Kurtis ;-)

Seriously, we are running pretty far behing last years numbers and time is running very short to catch up.. With respect to diving issues many of us have varying viewpoints and we rarely agree. But in all the flame wars that I have been involved in or have witnessed I've yet to see someone argue that using a chamber isn't necessary in treating a dive injury...

Given that is about the only issue that we all agree on it would be nice if we could unite behind a common cause...

As many of you know I have just very recently joined the chamber crew and I have been in a position to personally witness the level of training involved, the level of commitment involved and the personal sacrafice of time that is involved by the chamber crew.. The preparness level is unbelievable, they should really be called the minute men [women] because they are always ready to go...

The fact of the matter is that the chamber doesn't operate for free and it costs money. The budgets and profit and loss statements are always available and I believe that any reasonable person upon reviewing the records would conclude that under Karl Huggins leadership not one penny get's wasted..

Government agencies supply about 60% of the projected budget and the remaining is required to be raised through fund raisers.. Chamber day is the one day of the year where the entire dive community sets aside their differences and unites for the common good. The Chamber...

I know that as a very active diver out here I'm comforted by knowing that we have this chamber available 24/7 365 days a year. Remember, we are talking about Christmas day, Thanksgiving, Valentines day, Mother's day all the time when the last thing many are thinking about is diving, the chamber has a team out there ready to help a fellow diver in an emergency...

You've got several ways that you can help:

1) Sign up for the boat trips, they have several spots available;

2) You can bring your non-diving and/or diving spouses and kids to the aquarium for the evening dinner. This is an excellent way to enjoy the aquarium without having to wait on lines..

3) You can buy raffle tickets. This year is particularly a good year and kudos to Billy for upping the anti from last year..

4) Lastly, you could contribute to the MHK challenge... You donate money and I'll match the 1st $10K...

Call 310-652-4990 and get involved..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]