Everyone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on April 25, 2001 at 16:46:51:

In Reply to: Re: Best DIR rig? A buyer's dilemma. posted by Kendall Raine on April 25, 2001 at 15:07:16:

Well, let's see. Both the DIR folks I met in the bay (one was named Jim, I don't remember the other), and the guy I bought my rig package from (SS & AL BP, Halcyon & DR wings).

While he didn't say the best, MHK indicated that the OMS was a good plate in private correspondence.

It is pretty hard to screw up a plate, but I think the Dive-Rite plate blows. No holes along the edges, and the harness points are at odd angles. I looked at it, but it just didn't sit well with me.

I think the reasoning behind Jim indicating it was better was the polish, the side bevels, and the angle. Of course, those are very minor differences. And as far as what kind of diving does "everyone" do, does it matter?

Actually, even though I have an STA, I'm thinking about taking my plates over to a friend and having him cut the slots for the tank bands. He works at a shop where they have one of those nifty laser CNC cutters. I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]