M.B.D.C. and Aquarius Dive stores

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on April 30, 2001 at 13:11:23:

In Reply to: Re: Referral for Monterey area -- scuba certification classes posted by MHK on April 30, 2001 at 11:15:54:

M.B.D.C. and Aquarius Dive stores are both excellent places to certify for OW1 [Open Water 1] based on my experience patronizing both stores.

I believe they are both PADI affiliates, if I am not mistaken, and PADI has really great written materials and very standardized procedures for training OW1 students. The parking at Aquarius is a little better, in terms of buying equipment and getting air there, although you still end up parking in the coin lots at Breakwater Cove anyway, when you take your OW1 scuba classes.

There are some scuba stores in the Monterey area that a few people have had bad experiences at, according to what I have heard (hear-say, huh Ms. KelpHead?) But at MBDC and at Aquarius you will get excellent assistance, based on my experience ("testimony" huh KelpHead?)

Say hello to Toberman at Aquarius for me, if you go there. He used to be a U.S. Navy hard-hat diver, called a "master diver" in Navy parliance. He is the nicest guy that I know in Monterey. And his wife Brenda is the most beautiful store manager too! I heard she is a really tough boss. :-)

/s/ RaiderKarl, PADI D/M

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]