Where did he say that?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on May 03, 2001 at 16:35:28:

In Reply to: Re: I would have deleted such a post! posted by Kenny Mallot on May 03, 2001 at 15:30:27:

Kenny said:

"So Wayne,is it Ok that Frank makes references to John Walker being a test rat in Denmark ok with you. Thats sounding oximoronic of you to even make this post about personalities when you are dooing just the same here."

I read Frank Farmer's post when he said:

"I didn't know Walker was in Denmark. We should thank him for his participation in the Danish Institute's clinical bubble experiments. "

If Frank said the rest of what you said, then I guess I missed it.

Assuming that he called Walker a "lab rat" and I missed it, I think the connotation of being a lab rat in a scientific experiment is less degrading than calling someone a drunk and implying that the opinions expressed were caused by drunkeness.

I for one, am currently a lab rat in an experiment testing a medication that, when approved, will make lots of people very happy that some of us were willing to test its effectiveness. I am proud of my "lab rat" status. Recent posts by MHK indicate that he is proud of his status as a test subject for heliox mixtures. I am pleased that he is willing to put his body on the line for research, too. I am not sure if he would dislike the term "lab rat", but I would not find that a demeaning term if used to define him in his activities to develop and promote dive safety.

And looking back, I was harsh in what I said. I was angry and not careful to be emotion-neutral. So sorry if I added to the inflamation. But I think we all ought to argue and discuss things and not people here.

Hope this clears up what I meant.
Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]