Oh, I'm gonna hate myself for stepping into this...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on May 04, 2001 at 10:51:36:

In Reply to: Hey McKane posted by seahunt on May 04, 2001 at 10:02:20:

but hey, some of the most fun in my life has involved doing things that others have considered to be on the far side of sanity...

I've assited in classes both in the Boynton Beach area and Northern and Central CA. I use a Zeagle Ranger, both wet and dry (not a backplate, not DIR, but a back flotation BC). I've dealt with paniced divers on the surface, tired/cramped divers, divers who've I had to tow 200+ yards through surf. Last week at Salt Point the surface was so rough and the current so strong that students were getting pushed/pulled away from the float. I repeatedly was grabbing them and pulling them back. (And these guys were surfers half my age. Man, were my shoulders sore on Monday!)I've never had any feeling that I was off-balance/being pushed forward since I learned to not over-inflate my BC. The trim weights that I recently placed make me even more comfortable. I would not consider going back to a jacket BC. I wonder if the guy in Boynton had tried a back inflation BC.

BTW, what shop was it? I still know most of the shops in that area.

Didn't your mother teach you not to talk with East Coast people Mike? It's so crowded there that they're all a bit crazy. I guess the same is happening in SoCal too though...

Hey, it better be warmer than 74F by the time I get there. I expect at least 80F. See what you can do about that, OK?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]