Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 05, 2001 at 12:35:06:

In Reply to: Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued posted by Steve on May 05, 2001 at 07:20:11:

Steve,

i think a better way to say that is *some* divers learn from the mistakes of others while not making some of their own.

Look at all the fatalities that we had last year and then look at what happened when we pointed out the COMMON issue amongst the mistakes..

You had two things happen:

1) Generally at the time the incident occurs the supports of the idiocy go into hiding so they don't need to confront the issue directly based in the facts;

2) You have some who distinguish their solo and/or deep air exploits from the victims solo deep air exploits..

When we point that out were called ghouls..

Mia was the sad, but perfect, example. She has 3000 plus dives but yet you has some saying she wasn't experienced..

The level of denial is staggering, but part of the reason why Walker and I do in fact, unrelentlessly point these things out is because we don't expect that everyone will acknowledge the issue, but we hope that some do. Seahunt and Chris are way too far gone and are beyond help, but they are the perfect people to keep raising the issue with because by there own admission they don't put safety first and they are the first to tell you that you shouldn't follow their way of diving...

JStone highlighted the issue perfectly. He recognized that the Moody was beyond his capability and I hope I had something to do with that. Seahunt would have you believe that since only a few people died on the Moody that you should do it on air, *probably* use a buddy and just use a larger tank.. Those are two clear and opposing views as to how to approach the Moody and I hope that we can all learn form the mistakes of Darren and Jerimiah.. BTW, Jeff Highley dives with us all the time, ask him if he would ever do the Moody that way again...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]