Re: Johhny Line?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 07, 2001 at 14:48:23:

In Reply to: Johhny Line? posted by FesterAEB on May 07, 2001 at 14:14:10:

What you are referring to is called a *jon line*.. It got it's name after the guy who invented the practice. He was an east coast wreck diver named Jon Hulbert..

As far as a picture goes I can't point you to a link but it is nothing more than a 8' or 10' piece of rope that has clips braided into both ends..

We use our spools as opposed to bringing another piece of gear, but the principle is the same.. You secure one end of the line to the anchor line ( or whatever line you are asending from) and the other end you either hold in your hand or clip off to a D-ring. We recommend clipping off because should you tox during deco while you are clipped in, you can't sink further than the length of the line, whereas if you are holding it in your hand and tox you will sink...

If you spend more than a few dollars on a jon line you are getting ripped off.. It is simply a piece of rope with two clips...


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]