Re: so whats the latest down there in SoCal on this?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 07, 2001 at 15:55:38:

In Reply to: so whats the latest down there in SoCal on this? posted by RaiderKarl on May 07, 2001 at 15:41:15:

Walker and I will do a search tomorrow. I just hung up with the USCG and we have all the necessary details and we have our team in place..

Captain Tim Burke of the Great Escape graciously agreed to provide his boat to help the family bring closure to this tradegy...

The FACTS are that 2 divers, diving independant of each other ( as in solo). Meaning that diver 1 did his dive then when he got to 10' diver 2 went in...

He went solo, on air to a planned dive of 280' and didn't bring deco gas. He was to deco on air.

Diver 2 went in as diver 1 was at 10', after diver 1 surfaced he didn't see any bubbles and they had improper radio equipment. The buddy flagged down another boat who called USCG. The CG initiated a search, hoping of course, that he was floating, but as on 3:30 today they haven't found the body although the search continues..

Out of respect for the family there isn't much more I want to add at this time.. But the above is based on verifiable facts and I put this out to stop the spread of rumors that usually accompany this type of event..

We'll keep you guys updated as possible..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]