Re: OK, here we go again...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Johnson on May 09, 2001 at 16:27:45:

In Reply to: Yes, we do NEED to do this again... posted by MHK on May 09, 2001 at 15:53:20:

Mike,

It is YOU who needs to PAY ATTENTION!!!

Festeraeb Posted on May 09, 2001 at 11:19:17: "I found an IANTD class for deep air diving. I am probably going to take that."

He said nothing about taking an IANTD Deep Air Diver class in the 140'-170' depth range range. In his original post, he said that he wanted to DO some dives in the 140' to 170' range. I think we both agree he should get tri-mix training for this and overhead environment training for wreck penetration.

Instructors breaking standards will be removed from IANTD already.

Don't forget that Walker is an IANTD instructor, and I am in contact with him to make sure I know what IANTD may not be telling me, if anything.

I am tired of you not getting your facts straight, and then posting crap about IANTD. I am tired of you posting because you are disgruntled about having taken, years ago, an IANTD course that is no longer offered.

IANTD Deep Diver (formerly Deep Air Diver) is a great course and Tom should continue to issue this c-card for what it is and what it has always been: no decompression training for dives in the 100' to 130' range with nitrox recomended. I require nitrox for this range and I suspect others do too.

I would like to come to some sort of a conclusion with you on this, but I don't know how this will be possible with you clinging to your non-facts. I can only agree on facts.

Regards,

Bill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]