i don't play Russian Roulette

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on May 10, 2001 at 00:50:47:

In Reply to: Who Here Says They Can Safely Dive on Air Deep? posted by tleemay on May 09, 2001 at 17:59:58:

i've been deep on air very few times, had no perceived problems, remember most of those dives /w/o running to my logbook, but quite frankly, all the available science that i have access to, points to deep air as being in the words of GI3, "Florida Democrat stupid" (whoops, i mean "farm animal stupid".....sorry >:)

i've been vodka-puking, fall-down-in-a-puddle-and-drown-drunk, staggering down a deserted Mexican beach to climb an old rotten lighthouse ladder in a windstorm a few times too....remember all of it!

once upon a high school time, i was stoned on pot, breath stinking of Jack Daniels, a loaded .380 automatic under the seat, driving through Torrance at midnight on St Patrick's Day, spinning J-turns through mall parking lots to avoid the DUI checkpoints, which were everywhere, too! Oh jeez, do i remember that! Yeeesh!

damn if i didn't survive all that without so much as a parking ticket or trip to the doctor! hope no one thinks that because i survived this nonsense, it's safe for everyone else to give it a try.

in my humblest of humble opinions, deep air and the other two activities belong in the same category of stupidity.

science tells us that.

common sense tells us that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]