Re: some info

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Johnson on May 10, 2001 at 10:50:37:

In Reply to: Re: OK, here we go again... posted by Festeraeb on May 09, 2001 at 17:18:47:


Please realize that part of the problem with this debate you have unraveled is that "deep air" can mean two things:

1. it is a general term for diving deeper than 130' with a gas that does not contain helium.

2. It is the name of an IANTD certification that is about no-deco diving with two cylinders in the 100'-130' range.

The training you have found is good, and you should certainly take it. I don't know why you think nitrox is not an option though. Nitrox is commonly taught with Deep Diver, so take them together. You can then search for more advanced training that will take you where you want to go. When you have completed Deep Diver and nitrox training, you will still not be qualified to do the dives you want to do, however, if you still choose to do them, you will have hopefully reduced some risk below that of not having any training at all.



Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]