Re: chamber trip vs. diving trip

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on May 10, 2001 at 17:40:12:

In Reply to: Re: chamber trip vs. diving trip posted by AADIVER on May 10, 2001 at 16:36:35:

I have felt narced at 160' (Caissons) twice and felt no impairment at all at 200'. Different dives, different days. I have noticed a number of deep dives where I felt narced as a direct result of workload. If I had to move my anchor and chain out of a potential fouling spot or reel out and make a search pattern to find a wreck, I usually get narced much faster than on a relaxing drop to the bottom. Last year I found a lot of new chain at the Olympic wreck. I brought it up and replaced my old chain with my new find. With the added weight (a LOT!)I have eliminated one problem. I no longer have to search for a wreck under water. The anchor drops so fast that even in a current, the boat doesn't have time to move off the wreck before the anchor races to the bottom. :-)It does make moving the anchor and chain much harder though.
BTW, I don't try to push myself. Every time I've felt the slightest impairment, I have always aborted my dive. I can always visit that wreck another day, it's not going anywhere. I have never been so narced that I couldn't recall everything about the dive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]