Re: Fatalities of experienced divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on May 10, 2001 at 22:00:38:

In Reply to: Fatalities of experienced divers posted by MHK on May 10, 2001 at 17:52:29:

Mike, you are very dedicated to diving, and do a lot of wonderful things. One thing you seem incapable of is objectively looking at diving fatalities. Of Steves death, with no way to prove it, you stated had he had a buddy, both the silt out and the missed staged tank would not have happened. There is nothing objective about that. You've made simular statements before, without any proof. Here I noticed you only mention those lost divers that were diving solo, though Mia only so because at the end of dive, she sent her buddies away. I could take your postion on solo diving and DIR a lot more serious if you were able to be completely objective. You have an agenda, and while it is not a bad one, as long as you or anyone comes from an established postion, no true objectivity can be made. As a purley recreational diver, since I know divers have died both solo and with buddies, I see the greater danger in any sort of technical diving. Lets put a legal stop to that, and see what happens to the death rate. No deep, wreck, cave, tri-mix, rebreather, or deco diving for anyone not being a paid professional. Think of how many of those people you mention would still be here if they weren't doing some technical dive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]