Re: THE FACTS,PLEASE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MVK on May 11, 2001 at 16:04:36:

In Reply to: Re: THE FACTS,PLEASE posted by Steve on May 10, 2001 at 17:20:21:

Dear Steve,

As defined in just about any manual referencing the treatment protocols for suspected compressed-gas injuries, treatment of same consists of re-pressurization (preferably not in-water) of the patient to an established depth and the attendant delivery of pure oxygen for prescribed intervals. On Chamber Day, 2001, as an on-call chamber crew member, poised as the tender-to-be should there be a need to treat, I never found myself 'locked in at depth' on any treatment. These, my friend, are the FACTS.
Also, I think Karl Huggins would prefer to have his first name commence with the letter 'K'. Perhaps you were speaking to the 'other' Mr. Huggins at the dock.
If you or any of your buddies are interested in furthering your diving education, please consider joining the hyperbaric chamber crew. I did, and it was the best move of my diving career as a long-time, Los Angeles County-certified SCUBA instructor with a boatload variety of dive training/experience. I just wish Chamber Day had been around when I started diving.

Safe, knowledgeable diving,
Maxwell vonklein

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]