Transdermal Scopolamine...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mattschechter on May 21, 2001 at 15:38:00:

In Reply to: sea sickness medication posted by wayne on May 20, 2001 at 01:51:44:

Scopolamine comes in a perscription transdermal patch, what Gene Phillips was refering to, and works miracles. I can testify (no, I don't work for the company). I have always gotten seasick. Always. I never wanted to go in the car and I could never ride in a boat without hating it. Infact, if the surge is up, swaying eel grass makes me sick. I don't always hurl, but I do quite often. Anyway, on a boat I have never been a able to stay below decks for any length of time. I can't even stay in the galley. Early January of this year I had a dive trip to San Clemente (the one that takes for ever to get to). We left in the night and had to sleep on the boat. I was dreding it. I had my doctor prescribe TrandermScop (the drug name) and it was a miracle. I was able to sleep very well, I could eat in the galley, the eel grass on the island was no problem, and I slept on the way back in no less than 4-5ft seas. Normally I would have thrown up multiple times and not enjoyed myself at all. Not that time. I am so greatful, as will you. Also, I experienced no drowsyness at all. None. Deffinitely the way to go. The only slight problem is the expense. You get about three patches for 20-30 bucks. I decided just to get one patch and it was about $7. Each patch lasts about 3 days, but it must be 3 consecuitive days. Despite the expense, these patches are worth far more. Hope this helped. You can visit the web site at www.transdermscop.com
-matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]