Re: free speech does not equal vulgar and impolite speach

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 31, 2001 at 17:30:30:

In Reply to: free speech does not equal vulgar and impolite speach posted by Curt Billings on May 31, 2001 at 17:09:14:

Curt,

You know I like you and totally respect you and consider you one of the good guys in this sport and on this list. For those that don't personally know Curt he is one of the nicest guys around.. However, I respectfully disagree with you in this regard. In particluar, you take issue with John for not being polite and reduce the standard to, as you wrote atleast 6 times in your post

Just be polite Just be polite. That is all there is to it.

So in Chris's post wherein he says that all our efforts are DIR BS, does that sound polite??? Particularly when it comes from the guy that owns the list.. He very often posts very impolite things about us and nothing is said in that regard..

Whether some take issue with our presentation ( and I agree at times we could be better at responding) almost all agree we bring up issues, we discuss detailed aspects and we are free with our time and our knowledge.. Chris and Seahunt disagree with us and aren't shy about taking swings at us, so in all fairness it goes both ways..

I have no problem with frick and frack, because as everyone of our posts and their ( lack of ) intelligent responses demonstrate they aren't equipped to discuss details...

Chris, in the inagural post after the server went down came out swinging, but yet it's John that gets reprimanded.. That's why we say the administers of the list are biased... If Chris can say that every idea that we advance is BS and that isn't deemed impolite than that goes both ways...

Chris had a good opportunity when the list went down ( in other words a forced cease fire) and rather than take advantage of that he said we are BS artists.. Sorry Curt but that ain't going to fly especially given Chris' dangerous diving style...

If the guy that owns the list sets the tone that calling people BS is OK than what do you expect in return????

Curt, I appreciate your efforts, because as I've said often you are one of the nicest guys around, but you can't bitch at Walker and have Chris taking cheap and undeserved shots at us...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]