Re: Visual Question For Our Board Experts.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on June 04, 2001 at 12:54:12:

In Reply to: Visual Question For Our Board Experts. posted by Steve on June 02, 2001 at 18:39:27:

Steve, we have had an industrie standard that the tanks are Hydro every 5 years and VIP every year for about 30 years (no one made us do this we did it on our own). We have added the Visual plus the last couple of years (we did this because the AL tanks are having problems with neck cracks, again no one made us do this, we did it on our own, the machine to do the VIP plus cost over $1000). The idea behind this is that we want the tanks to be safe while we are filling them and while you are using them.
As far as the Hydro's, if the tank was Hydro'ed by a Hydro company, that mostly does Scuba tanks, I don't think it needs a VIP sticker for the first year. The Hydro company has to do a VIP when they do a Hydro( they have to check for flash rust on the steels and do a VIP plus on the Al tanks, if they are doing it right). The problem is, who did the Hydro (did they do it right)?
I VIP all the tanks I get back from Hydro and tumbles (just to make sure they did it right and I put a VIP sticker on it so my customer doesn't have any trouble getting it filled somewhere else).

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]