DIR training

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on June 04, 2001 at 16:44:38:

I am not one to use this BBS to advertise any of my services but after reading some of the conflicting reports on the DIR course I thought it was time to help straighten out any confusion and/or misconceptions.

The DIR course is a holistic approach to dive training in the sense that we focus on important fundamental skills that are commonly lost in conventional diver training. Some of these skills are life saving such as realistic air sharing techniques, accident management, then others skills simply allow divers to become proficient in the water by honing skills in techniques such as global awareness, unified team approach, underwater communication, buoyancy / trim, propulsion, dive planning and much more.

We can typically cover all this in two academic sessions, one confined water session, and approximately four dives. Often these classes take place on a Friday evening from 7pm to 10pm, followed by Saturday from 8am to approximately 5pm, and then Sun. from 8am to 5pm.

All that is required in this fundamental course in well maintained equipment and a good attitude. NO SPECIAL GEAR IS REQUIRED. This course is offered to any certified diver who possesses these two things. It is not a course that requires any previous advanced training nor does it exclude those who have had any advanced training. This course is advantageous to all.

This DIR course has become a requisite for any advanced GUE courses. I also am requiring this prerequisite for any of the wreck penetration courses which are a blast.

A little of my background might give you an idea of where I am coming from with this course. I have been diving since 1977 and have been teaching scuba since 1984. I have specialized in many different levels of diving, mostly overhead environment and mixed gas in the last 7 years. This “Fundamentals of DIR” course has gotten me more excited than any other course I have taught in the last 17 years (God I hate dating myself). I believe that the reason for this is for once in my diving history I have found a program that I truly believe can benefit all divers, whether it be a newbe diver or a razzle dazzle instructor trainer of some sort.

If anyone cares to find out more information contact me or check out the web site at www.GUE..com

JW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]