Re: more DIR than you think

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on June 04, 2001 at 22:25:17:

In Reply to: Re: more DIR than you think posted by Eins on June 04, 2001 at 22:06:07:

some pertinent factual information may be derived from the pool session /w/ DIR config kit. The hose and harness fit issues are significant. The use of that little plastic buckle to position the weight pouches came in handy, and it was very instructive to be able to troubleshoot any problems in the pool or at Shaw's cove in 20 fsw. I got to see first hand how difficult it is to turn off a poorly designed tank valve versus when Walker was simulating reg free-flows.
The recommended safety drills on dives 1 thru 4 in the manual are pertinent (that's how the DIR newbie from hell drowned the instructor ; ). Also, i got to find out just how badly i suck at deploying the closed circuit lift bag. Much of the benefit i derived from the course was in the safety drills and fine-tuning the config.

again, the DIR config kit is NOT required but both myself and JStone chose to show up /w/ the config, as we both felt that we would personally get more out of the course in so doing.

oh yes, and the trim and buoyancy drills were exquisite. It's almost enough to make me sign up for OE

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]