Dive report like the Matterhorn one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on June 06, 2001 at 10:29:12:

In Reply to: Re: I think you are missing the point posted by MHK on June 06, 2001 at 10:02:15:

You said:
"When I posted about the Matterhorn, Seahunt called it dangerous because it was deeper than normal..."

It is funny what we remember. You remember that, I remember nothing of the sort. And I am sure I read the post and its follow-ups! So what stuck in my mind was your report -- not the comments of others. That was many moons ago and I still remember it and if I was going to the Matterhorn, I would pull it from the archives before going. I guess I will now have to go back and re-read it and see what happened.

I think you were simply making an anti-Seahunt point. I doubt your seriousness if you were implying that you were now reluctant to post because of the potential threat of a Seahunt rebuttal!

But back to my point, If you posted information about your dives that included stuff on the "whole dive" (Planning, preparation, logistics and contingency planning, the dive, and post dive reflections), this would be more of an advertisement for how the dive was made better through the application of DIR principles.

I would organize it non-sequentially with the intent of drawing the reader into the details through interest generated in the "dive" portion of the narrative, but that is just my style and other styles are also valid.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]