Character assassinations/Chased me away

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on June 07, 2001 at 15:33:22:

In Reply to: Is anyone else deeply offended by these character assassinations? posted by Wayne on June 07, 2001 at 10:07:09:

That's the main reason I curtailed my postings. I'll be the first to admit that I love a spirited discussion (as Michael will attest since he and I - pre-falling out - had many spirited, interesting, and fun discussions about various diving philosophies).

But it seems to me that this board has evolved from a free exchange of thought and letting the BBS readers weigh for themselves the relative merits (or lack thereof) of ideas, to an almost maniacal desire and obsessive need to "win" the argument, no matter what damage you inflict in the process. And if you can’t beat ‘em with logic, then attack ‘em with slander & innuendo.

Personally, it just has become rather tedious. Too bad. The reason I love teaching so much is that I like to see minds stimulated and think and weigh options to learn and grow. This BBS can be a useful forum for that process to take place but not when the process is strewn with testosterone, innuendo, and malice.

Ken Kurtis
NAUI Instr. #5936
Co-owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]