Re: Lost In The Flames

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on June 07, 2001 at 17:04:50:

In Reply to: Lost In The Flames posted by Jim Hoffmann on June 07, 2001 at 09:02:16:

"The dive manufactures and the training agencyÕs have lost sight of whatÕs really
important. Everything in the dive industry should be base around the well being and the
safety of the diver! Yet you donÕt hear the dive manufactures talking about failure points
(no they talk about the features on the equipment, have you ever read an ad telling you how safe their gear is ?, no they tell you about there Gold Core Technology, their EZ-Lok Buckle system, or how powerful and effortless kicking their new fin design is)."

I like the competition between the training and equipment manufacturers. It's keeps the designers on their toes to capture the consumer dollar. In the end the buyer sees better products and services, that's the American way. I have to right of choose. Not everyone has the same taste but most of the gear I see today is quality stuff. Jim, those new fangled spit fins work great for me and I'm happy to have choices. After all it my money and life to spend. I don't feel the least bit slighted in my dive education with Naui, from basic to master with Instructor Abad, Purcell and Miller with G. Boivin overseeing the operation. There is only so much to learn for diving. I continue to seek the lastest infomation to stay current. The new audio visual aids that are used for teaching are a great idea, that divers can refer to after layoffs from the sport to refresh their memory.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]