Re: Anyone else do anything really stupid and funny lately?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on June 07, 2001 at 19:00:05:

In Reply to: Anyone else do anything really stupid and funny lately? posted by Wayne on June 07, 2001 at 17:53:12:

Since buying a power boat 4 1/2 years ago, I had only made two beach dives, both at Redondo Canyon. My boat has been in the intensive care unit for a month, so I decided to try a beach dive on Tuesday. I've really gotten used to diving with doubles from my boat. Last week, I used a single 120 on a friend's boat and didn't like the way the needle moved on my SPG. (Too fast!) I decided to try twin 95s at Marineland. Much to my surprise, it was easier carrying two steel tanks with a backplate than a single with my old B.C. The ocean was flat, so I decided to walk to the west side of the area and enter from the boulders to avoid a long swim. While under water, I kept telling myself that the 95s weren't that heavy, and walking back up to the parking lot would be manageable. As I neared my exit in the middle of the cove, I found a 20# weightbelt. The belt was too small to go around my waist, so I had to carry it up the hill as well. It amazes me that someone that thin needs 20#!. I finally made it back up, huffing anf puffing. Some people in the lot saw me and must have thought I was nuts to carry doubles up that hill. I got my carburetor back today and installed it right away. Another quick end to my beach diving days!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]