YUKON DIVE REPORT - Not Everyone is......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob1 on June 11, 2001 at 12:34:07:

In Reply to: YUKON DIVE REPORT posted by Kevin on June 11, 2001 at 11:40:58:

I was also on the Yukon Saturday morning (only 1 dive, Lois Ann was booked for the afternoon).

The difference from October of last year was very noticable to me. The off-white hull is now covered (with many scrape marks) with marine growth and I didn't spot the wreck until within 30 feet of it. Very different from lasy year when you could see the white reflection from the surface.

I was buddied with two other divers, both very nice but with limited wreck experience. Correspondingly, we made no attempt at penetration (other than my sticking my head in the bridge and central tower to take a few pictures.

Water was cold (my therm. said 49 degrees), but with very little current and almost no surge. Visibility varied from 15-30 feet, with lower vis. near the surface.

I kind of wish that people posting on the board would not lump all divers together. I'm a PADI Adv. diver with 200+ dives and know what my limitations are. We, as a 3-man team, dove within our limits and within everyone's comfort zone. We stayed together on the wreck and did not bang into things. All three of us enjoyed the dive very much.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]