Re: Catalina Great White Attack -- My side of the story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GWS on June 14, 2001 at 12:05:58:

In Reply to: Catalina Great White Attack posted by jaws on June 13, 2001 at 19:46:19:

I was cruising on the backside of Catalina the other day when I spied a school of tasty yellowtail. I was well below and behind them so they hadn't got a clue I was there. I was feeling a little hungry, so I decided to snag one for myself. I'm moving in fast, like I do, about to nail a fat one, when suddenly the yellowtail scatter. I know they haven't seen me, so something else must have spooked them. Sea lion? Dolphin? No, it was one of those laughably slow bubbleblowers. Jeez, if God (or evolution) had wanted them underwater don't you think they'd have gills?
Anyway, I'm in full-on predator mode and it's too late to break off. So I think to myself, I'll just pass by real close and scare the bubbles out of him.
All of a sudden he points his shiny metal stick at me and - Jesus Christ! - he's stabbed me in the neck with his stick. Ow, that stings! That's going to leave a scar!
Well, I high-tail it out of there, as you can imagine.
These bubbleblowers have no respect at all. They don't care who they attack. I saw a harmless old black sea bass the other day with one of these sticks in its back. Stupid bubbleblower probably thought it was going to attack him too. Anyway, I'm thinking about contacting a close cousin who's an attorney (land shark) about suing the pants off these bubbleblowers, the boat captains that bring them out here, the DF&G and God.
And they call me a mindless killer!
GWS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]