Re: STEVE- Meyer-Overton hypothosis

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on June 16, 2001 at 19:31:29:

In Reply to: Re: STEVE- Meyer-Overton hypothosis posted by Steve on June 16, 2001 at 16:09:46:

Steve, you are definitely one of the biggest idiots to hit this list in a while. Nobody made any erroneous or misleading statements about oxygen and narcosis. You need to slow down when you read. Why don’t you go back to the first post I put up on this subject and re-read it. All that was said my Kendall and I is that according to the Meyer- Overton Hypothesis oxygen would possibly be narcotic. The Meyer-Overton hypothesis is STILL the most recognized narcosis theory used in diving today. ( ya 100 years later big time). Free Polar and Ice Cube theory’s are observed but not as often as the M-O theory.

You jumped on the bandwagon with your guns a blazing and shot your foot while trying to sound like a smart guy. By diving to 160fsw on a 4% enriched air mixture you are not benefiting anything. Besides your silly little EAN25 mix is narcotic either way you look at it big time. The nitrogen you are packing into your fat is simply dangerous in a narcotic as well as decompression sense.

Who ever the idiot was that taught you how to dive this way should have his credentials revoked. I can bet he taught you a bunch of other useless stuff as well, just before he sold you all that OMS gear. I’d almost bet he doesn’t know jack about diving himself. That’s a big problem these day when you can basically buy a teaching credential and call yourself a technical scuba instructor.

You need to use helium to create the safest dive at those depths. You don’t even have to increase the FO2. Deep Air (EAN25 falls into that category) has proven itself to kill divers. I’d bet someone as brain dead as you could even learn how to dive helium mixes. All you’d probably have to do is shut your pie hole and listen for a while. That’s got to be a lot safer than listening to the idiot that sold you on EAN25 at 160fsw along with the bondage wings.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]