Re: The sight sticks with ya don't it !....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Hamerdinger on June 17, 2001 at 12:57:22:

In Reply to: The sight sticks with ya don't it !.... posted by JohnB on June 15, 2001 at 22:36:33:

I've seen several Great Whites while diving.several of my friends have been attacked,with 1 killed.Great Whites often see us but seldon bite. they are finicky eaters,and the chance of them being hungry when they see you is slim.With many thousands of hours bottom time as a urchin diver gives me enough experience to say to you that the chances of ever having a bad experience with one is great.One tip of advice is that if you do dive where there is reports of resident GW's don't be ignorant, but be aware that it is possible that they may be present.Do your dive and have a great time.If you do see one,don't freak out face him off while hugging the bottom and making your way back to the boat or beach.If on the surface always face him off while making your way to saftey.Main thing is don't get excited.Sharks live in the ocean but that never kept me out of it.Just go diving and have a great time.If you see a shark consider yourself lucky to have such a great story to tell your friends about.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]