Re: Next Time Think and MORE!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on June 18, 2001 at 11:53:06:

In Reply to: Re: Next Time Think posted by Tribe on June 18, 2001 at 10:53:52:

I have been Nitrox certified since PADI started offering it. I have also done over two hundred Nitrox dives all with the PO2 & MOD in mind. For years I used an air computer when diving Nitrox and always adhered to the MOD. Now I use a Nitek1.

For this class I was taught that this initial training dive was to be to 160’ to 165” fsw with a 1.6 PO2. I was not comfortable with this, however, knowing where we were diving I knew that if we hit 150’ fsw we would be lucky. A PO2 of 1.5 for a bounce training dive was acceptable to get the cert. Not something I would plan for fun. The max we hit was 141' fsw. I may not be completing the dives with this instructor.

Oh. Our instructor also told one of the other students to take the battery out of his computer and reset it so he could continue diving since it was in SOS showing that he needed to complete a 10’ fsw stop for 1 min. It was the new Aladin Air Nitrox. The instructor also had no imput on how to plan do the next dive if the computer is dead other than to say, wait a couple of hours and you will be fine.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]