Re: And Jeff...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 18, 2001 at 17:27:01:

In Reply to: Re: And Jeff... posted by Neil on June 18, 2001 at 17:12:22:

Neil,

I appreciate the altenative point of view, and I'll stipulate the obvious, of course it in my point of view, no dispute there.. I'm offering my analysis, based upon years of personal observation, and working on countless dive boats.. This weekends account was merely a culmination and was prompted based upon the criticism that I received last week, so rather than have no facts to support out previously stated observations, Terry and I decided that we would roll up our sleeves and go right into the pit...

As to your point about asking instructors how they were trained, I could not agree with you anymore than I do.. You may recall one of my earlier posts wherein I waker out of my PADI IDC several years ago when I learned I would not pass the IE unless I pimped continuing eductaion three times each lecture... That's what they are teaching, to sell added classes, not to teach people to dive.. Tell them what you are going to tell them, Tell them and then tell them what you told them all the while make sure you sell another class.. My beef isn't with students, it's with agencies that put out this crap in the name of market share, it's with publicly traded, chain-stores that sign off on this to sell gear and it's with instructors that are willing to accept this notion...

Atleast in this weeks events the focus is on the problem and not the denial of the problem so perhaps we are changing the focus...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]